Your opportunity to NETWORK, LEARN, DEBATE...
As a professional in marine procurement/supply you are well aware of the challenges of operating in the maritime industry at this time and we are here to help!
The International Marine Purchasing Association (IMPA), is the leading association for marine Purchasing and Supply professionals. IMPA has assembled an exciting array of initiatives that we are eager to share with new members. Many of which are designed to help you be even more effective in your role.
Membership supports you professionally in your job and career as well as your company and the industry itself by providing the platform for you to share knowledge and experience in a meaningful and pragmatic manner.
IMPA’s vision is simply to ‘provide real value to members’; and this means offering access to a range of benefits and information that will help and support members whether that’s in making costs savings, gathering more industry knowledge or enhancing the role of procurement in the business.
Keeping up-to-date with changing legislation, finding time for new ideas, keeping abreast of the latest thinking in the industry, learning about new products and services, and unparalleled networking opportunities with IMPA London and other specialised events are all key to IMPA’s objective of supporting its members.
The full details of membership benefits can be found on the IMPA website http://impa.net/membership/ and include:
• Access to the IMPA information network & exchange
• Copy of IMPA’s magazine Marine Trader
• Discounted rate for IMPA’s training & Diploma
• Career development advice and resources
• Discounted rate on the annual IMPA conference
• Access to the Purchasing & Supply Tool-Box
• Full access to the IMPA Library & Resource Centre
• Supporting industry initiatives and developments
• Free entry to the annual IMPA London exhibition
• Use of IMPA’s marketing centre to make industry announcements
• Free copies of publications and papers
• Networking opportunities with fellow purchasers and suppliers
• Discount advertising rates
• Supporting fellow professionals in maritime purchasing & supply
• IMPA Marine Stores Guide (IMPA Members enjoy a 20% discount from the standard price)
I invite you to review the attached/enclosed brochure to learn more about our association and see if you would be interested in becoming a member of the IMPA.
We would be delighted if you wish to join. To apply you can either go to http://impa.net and click on ‘Become a member’ selecting the relevant application form.
While Network, Learn, Debate is our IMPA’s mantra, an underlying mission is to promote the art and science of marine purchasing in all applied forms in order to increase the status of the association’s members. With this in mind IMPA has developed key industry initiatives for the advancement of the maritime supply chain management role and every single member plays a critical part in supporting these industry initiatives.
Such initiatives include the continuous development of the IMPA Marine Stores Guide six digit code which is now available in several formats, members also receive discount on books and data.
In 2013 the association launched a world first with the introduction of a dedicated maritime industry responsible supply chain management programme aptly named IMPA-ACT – visit www.impa-act.org to see the many benefits that this new programme can offer your company.
In the meantime our membership team will follow this letter with a telephone call or e-mail to check if you need any further information.
Please accept this invitation and join your association as a member of IMPA. I look forward to welcoming you.